Monday, April 14, 2008

Today was my first day off since coming back from Vegas. Of course it wasn't as hot as it was all weekend when I was working, but it wasn't that bad either. Went to the gym for the first time in about 2 weeks, and then had to get groceries (thanks Dale for leaving me to get them!). After lunch I took the kids to the zoo for a little while and we were able to get them back outside after supper for some fresh air in the park. We are in the process of trying to get Blake to ride his new bike without his training wheels. We've only been out twice now, but I have a feeling it's not going to work out too well. He's just not aggressive enough and won't take control. Dale has to continually hold onto the bike. I don't think Blake can balance it by himself--it's not a light bike. We want the seat low enough so that he can touch the ground, but then it's too low as his knees are coming up to his chin when he peddles. I think we're going to take the training wheels off his Caillou bike and see if he can get a better grasp of it, since this bike is a bit smaller than his new one. If not, it may be another year of training wheels for him. How long does it take before they learn?

1 comment:

Kari said...

damon took forever..maybe we should get them together..once he sees them crusing around he would be too!!!