Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mothers Day!

Dale worked today, so it was just me and the kiddos. I'm not sure if I remember actually having a mothers day when we have been all together. I'm sure Dale is usually working and when I mentioned it to him he responded with "Oh well, isn't it about you spending time with the kids anyway." I''ll remember this on Father's Day when he starts talking about going golfing!

So this day ended up being more about the kids, then about me. I cooked them pancakes this morning which I haven't done in a very long time. Then after we got groceries, I decided we needed to do something which didn't require me having to entertain them all day (hey, come on--it's mothers day, I'd like some relaxing time!)

So I packed a picnic lunch and headed out to Crickel Creek.


The kids always have a blast playing on all the inflatables they have..



and then we got ice-cream and played a round of mini-golf (Actually they had ice-cream and played mini-golf....I only had 2o dollars cash on me and they don't have interac or VISA, so I had just enough for them to jump, eat and play...oh, the sacrifices we make)


We spent over 3 1/2 hours out there today and it was hot! I never expected it to feel so hot today--We actually got a little too much sun on our arms, but I wasn't planning for a "sun-screen" hot day. Well, anyway we headed home, where Avery zonked out on the couch and I prepared supper for when Dale got home. Not much different from any other day...........

or is it?............................










Its sure not every day that I get such wonderful, thoughtful and loving gifts from them...and that is what makes this day so special for me.

No comments: