Wednesday, July 4, 2007

What an awful week. I'm supposed to be cutting down at work and I am now working 6 days this week. Yesterday was supposed to be my day off and I was almost out the door to go to a friends house when work called. One of the girls called in sick and they were desperate. I know how busy it is, so I said I'd come in. Blake was very upset and crying that I had to go and we couldn't go play at his friends house. How do you explain to a child that "mommy has to go to work". I didn't HAVE to go, I chose to go and I don't know why I did. So now I don't have a day off this week and I'm hardly going to see my family. It sure makes you realize that you have to cherish the time you do have with them. I feel awful, I love my job and what I do, but sometimes I feel as if it is taking priority in my life. I thought I had a good balance with home and work, but I'm beginning to wonder. Maybe I'm just having a bad day.

2 comments:

Jenn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenn said...

Awww Tammi :(

I know you are feeling bad, but don't beat yourself up over it.

From what I read you do have a good balance. I read about all the great things you do with the kids. You enjoy your job and you are a great Mom, you should feel proud, not guilty.

Just look at what Blake said about loving your house and never wanting anyone to take it away. That says it all! You are building strong family bonds and it shows!

Take care.