Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Why won't she Sleep!



This is Avery last night at 10PM. Wide awake and wanting to sleep "in this bed"-meaning on the floor in the hallway. The last 2 nights now, she has not been getting to sleep until after 10PM. I'm beginning to think that her afternoon naps might have something to do with it. But I'm not ready for her to give them up--I NEED that time for myself--that little break away from "mommy,mommy, mommy!" So, today we were at Enchantaland until 2:30PM, so I thought it would be the perfect time to see how she does without her nap-since I was not going to let her sleep this late in the afternoon anyway. This is what happened:



She zonked out in front of Treehouse. I don't know for how long, so I guess we'll see what time she falls asleep tonight. So far she's cried for me 3 times. Oh, how her routine can change. She's gone from sleeping in a pitch dark room with the door closed, to a nightlight with the door closed to now having the door wide open with both her nightlight and the hall-light on. If it's not like this then she's desperately crying for me until everything is just so. Oh, did I mention that she still has her "blankie" and her sippy-cup of milk with her in bed too. And she'll be 3 in three months!?

No comments: