Friday, September 5, 2008

Little Miss Grown-Up

Avery had her first day of preschool yesterday. It was a short 45 min. orientation with parents attending, but none-the-less, it was school. I would like to say that she was very excited to go, but I'm not sure if she was. I think Avery's shyness takes over any other emotion, so it's difficult to tell what she's feeling. I like to think that she was excited in the actions she displayed. She let me dress her in a skirt and put barrettes in her hair, so she must have wanted to look good for her first day. She also put her backpack on and posed for these pictures with absolutely no problem (of course, she just saw Blake do this a week ago). Once we got to her school, she didn't fight or cry to go in , but once more and more kids showed up, she did want me to pick her up and she covered her eyes. But she did sit nicely in her little polka-dot chair with her name on it and listened to her teacher do a science experiment and read a book. She then proceeded to the table to play play-do and continued to explore the room and play with the other toys. She even let me leave the room without her to grab something. Now I guess we'll just wait and see what next week brings when I'm not there to stay with her.

No comments: