Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Celebration

For the last few months, my sisters and I have been planning a surprise 70th birthday party for my mom. This past weekend was the big celebration in our hometown of Shaunavon. It was a big success with about 50 or so attendees. I think mom was actually surprised even though I think she suspected something was up!


Here's the 3 of us with our mom--can you tell us apart? I was also able to finally capture a picture of the kids with their grandma. Avery is usually too shy to sit with Grandma as she doesn't get to see her that often, but today she was very cooperative.


The next morning we went out to the farmland where we had pancakes at my Aunt and Uncles' "Looney pond" Blake spent most of the morning outside throwing rocks into the pond and playing fetch with their dog.





Avery, as usual, was content to collect a bunch of rocks and take them home with her.


Just before we left back to Saskatoon, we made a quick stop at our farm where I grew up. That sure brought back a lot of memories. We did some very quick exploring---the kids weren't that interested, much to my dismay..but I guess they're still pretty young to understand what nostalgia is all about.


Here's the house where I grew up. It hasn't changed one bit..just a little worse for the wear.


It's been 6 six years since I've been back to Shaunavon, so it was sure nice to see so many people that you've almost forgotten. Hopefully it won't take me that long to return again.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Sounds like you had a great time! I think it's pretty cool that you can still go back to the place that you grew up.

Karen of the KAGS said...

I very rarely went back to the place I grew up - because there were too many places!!!!
You look so like your Mom & sisters. Look at the way three of you all stand and hold your hand the same way. So good you have a picture like that.