Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

There's nothing like homemade gifts presented to you first thing in the morning from the ones who mean the most to you.


I hope everyone had a Happy Mother's Day. We certainly did. We woke up bright and early to go fishing as it was the first weekend fishing opened. Even though the weather was not as nice as we had hoped and considering that we completely forgot to grab the bag of snacks for the kids and that we didn't get one nibble and thus left after a couple of hours, we still had a great morning just being together on the boat.
The afternoon was spent watching (napping for me and Dale) Planet 51, playing the "Game of Life" and preparing lobster for supper. My friend Janine joined us as her husband had to work...this was like a pre-Mother's day for her as she's due with her first child in July (a girl!)

Today I woke up very early to get to my first Pilates class at 6AM. I will be doing this twice a week for 7 weeks. I can already tell it will tone me in ways the gym just can't do, so can't wait to see the results! Then Dale and I were supposed to have a morning golf game (with the new golf clothes Dale bought me for Mother's Day), but the weather cancelled that pretty quick. Instead I spent the day baking 4 zucchini loaves, 3 dozen zucchini muffins and a ton of mini brownies (the ones from Jessica Seinfeld's book...they are baked with spinach and carrot puree). My kids love them and they're healthy, so I'll spend the time baking them!

Tomorrow will be a busy day....field trip to the zoo with Avery. Ball with the kids at 5:15 and then off to an evening of scrapbooking and "GLEE" watching with my girlfriends. Can't wait!

2 comments:

sassy said...

hey girlie! you and your kiddos had better come to help me eat all the hot dogs! bring your suits if its nice too! the water is always warm!!:)
email your address to me so I can drop off an official invite, Foster LOVES to make deliveries!...let's get those lipsets from pezer over too! chantellekinakin@hotmail.com

blog for steveLi said...

good news!!!china wholesale wedding dresses