Monday, September 17, 2007

First time for everything



This year we registered Blake for the initiation Timbit hockey season. He had his first "practice" on Saturday. I couldn't believe how cute he looked in all his hockey gear. He, on the other hand was none too impressed that he had to wear it. Can't blame him though-he just gets swallowed up in all that equipment and I don't know how he can even move! He did pretty well. There are lots of kids and most of those kids can skate pretty well. I was surprised that there weren't more at Blake's caliber. There's only about 3 that can't really skate very well and at least one of them is worse off than Blake. I'm a little worried that he's going to be left behind, but everyone assures me that he'll be skating just as good as every other kid by the end of the year. I sure hope so, 'cause right now he says he doesn't want to do it again. He wants to skate, but not play hockey. I guess we'll see how it goes-we'll have to keep bribing him with donuts in order for him to stay out there and hope that he'll finish the year off!




Avery wasn't skating, but she was sleeping in her big bed for the first time. It's actually been a week since we got rid of her crib now and she's doing very well. She just crawled right in and started sleeping right off the bat--no fuss or tears that her crib was gone. I guess she was ready to be a "big girl" now. Sometimes she gets lost under the blankets at the foot of the bed and we have to go in and straighten her out, but for the most part she's sleeping through the night in it. It's so cute to hear her door creaking open in the morning and her pitter-patter of feet coming in to our room to let us know that she's awake. No more waking up to her screams of "Mommy, mommy, come get me. I want out!"

No comments: