Sunday, October 7, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

We had our big turkey supper tonight at Dana's. Dale's mom and dad and his cousins from Regina all came in. It was a good night. Sorry I don't have any pictures. Actually, on purpose because I knew that all I'd be taking pictures of is everyone sitting around and eating or posing together on the couch and I have enough of these already. Anyway, it was a good night. The kids were very well behaved and I hardly saw Blake all night since he was playing with his cousins.
Keeping up with Jen's blog I must say that the one thing I am most thankful for is my husband. I know he's always been a great dad and husband, but there's those certain days and moments when you're reminded and tonight was one of them. After supper, we were cleaning up and all the men went downstairs to sit on their asses and watch television. EXCEPT my husband. He was right in there cleaning up, running containers to the fridge and drying the dishes. He didn't have to be asked to do anything-he just said "I didn't cook supper, so of course I'm going to help clean up." Now, I know that this is something he always does on a daily basis, but just seeing what the other husbands DON'T DO AND HOW THEY EXPECT THAT THEIR WIVES ARE JUST THE ONES WHO BELONG IN THE KITCHEN makes me appreciate him so much more. I am extremely lucky to have him and to have such an equal relationship with him.

No comments: