Friday, February 1, 2008

I'm Still Here

I've been a little out of commission lately. My sister's been visiting me from North Dakota for the last week and 1/2. I finally got to see my new niece (although she's not so new anymore--she's 9 months old!) for the first time. We had a great visit--it's been over 9 months since I last saw her. They just left this morning, so they were fortunate enough to enjoy our weather for the last few days here (-50 degrees one night!)
Avery had her first dance class on Wed night and I must say it was the most adorable thing ever! She's the youngest in the class and of course the smallest and she sure kept everyone entertained! She absolutely loved it! I had to stay by her side for the first 5 minutes or so until she warmed up to the instructor, but after that she was fine. Everytime the instructor said to do something, Avery would say "I can't do it!", but then she'd go off and do it anyway. I didn't have my camera with me this time as I figured she wouldn't do anything for the first class except sit on my knee, so I'll have to take some pics next week.
Yesterday, we went to the mall and I couldn't resist buying Avery a new rain outfit. My justification is that she always gets Blake's hand-me down jackets and boots and this time I wanted to buy her something nice and girly. Well, she wears her whole outfit around the house every chance she gets. She'll say "raining" and then open her umbrella, then she'll say "sunny" and close it again. It's quite cute--at least I know I got my money's worth!


Now, I'm very tired and I think I'm just going to go and do nothing. Even though I should be working on my "All about me" scrapbook layouts or cleaning or writing my New Years letter or....maybe tomorrow.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Oh my goodness!

That is the most sweetest thing I've ever seen!

Karen of the KAGS said...

That is waaaaaay too cute!
& yep - you better get working on those all about me layouts!