Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter!

Coloring eggs on Good Friday..


We then decided to spend Sat and Sun in Regina so we could visit Dale's Grandma. We arrived early Sat, so we took the kids to play at Chucky Cheese and have lunch. We then went to the hotel to do some swimming and watersliding. We decided to have supper with a few of Dale's relatives on Sat night, so that we could spend Sunday at the Science Centre. Well, it didn't work out that way. During the night on Sat. I woke up with the stomach flu. The Easter bunny was still able to come Sat. night and the kids had their hunt in the hotel room. Some time--I think around 6AM Blake said "The easter bunny doesn't have a card for the room." Dale said "he has magic powers, now go back to sleep." They thought it was pretty neat that the Easter bunny knew where they were. I was still able to enjoy watching them from my cocoon in bed. I thought that if I just got a few more hours of sleep, I would be okay to go to the Science centre, so Dale took the kids for breakfast and back to the pool, but I still felt like crap. So, we packed up and went home. The kids didn't know what they were missing, so they didn't really care, but it sure sucks when you have something planned and then you get sick..esp. when you have to be in the car for 2 1/2 hours just to get to your own bed!


I was feeling much better today, so the kids and I headed to the zoo for the 1st time this year. We decided to bike there--I love that we live so close! Avery made it all the way there without too much whining. Blake was excited that there were maps to look at now and Avery couldn't wait to see the new lions. Of course, the day wouldn't be complete without a trip to concession!

No comments: